1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer -- The (Tiffin, Ohio) Advertiser-Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dkphxf, May 5, 2011.

1. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

Salary: $20,000 to $25,000

The Advertiser-Tribune in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking a dedicated and versatile sports writer to join our award-winning staff. Applicants should have a bachelor's degree in journalism and an interest in covering prep sports. The job entails writing stories and features, and page design. The ideal candidate will be able to think creatively and perform under nightly deadlines. Please e-mail a resume, cover letter and a few clips to Zach Baker (zbaker@advertiser-tribune.com).

Per: http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1252601

2. Justin Biebler

Justin Biebler Active Member

Remember Editorhoo?
    It's the paper that fired him.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/64279/

3. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

My co-worker got fired from here a couple years ago. They had big cutbacks but told him maybe he isn't cut out for this. Never mind he has been at my paper for two years and is our top news reporter.

Based on all he told me of this paper I would avoid it like the black plague.

4. WTFünke

WTFünke Member

Wow ... seriously, fuck this place.

5. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

And as I wrote on that thread, Zach Baker is a great person and a good boss. I know nothing of the paper, and obviously editorhoo's situation was not a good one. But as I piped in there, criticism of Zach in that instance was unwarranted.

Lot of good HS football in this area, too, and a DIII couple colleges.

Draft saved Draft deleted