1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, The Daily Ardmoreite, Ardmore, Okla.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Igor in CT, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Igor in CT

Igor in CT Member

This was my first newspaper many years ago. While I'm sure it's undergone changes, you're about 90 minutes south of OKC and two hours north of Dallas.

Any questions, msg me.

Salary: $20,000 to $25,000

The Daily Ardmoreite, a Sunday through Friday morning newspaper in southern Oklahoma, has an opening for a sports writer/paginator The successful applicant will have demonstrated proficiency in producing lively, tight copy on deadline, a basic understanding of most sports and in-depth understanding of primary sports, is competent in photo taking, page design and layout, and has a genuine love of high school sports. Experience with InDesign, NewsEditPro, PhotoShop and photography is desired. Ideally, you will also have a bachelor's degree in journalism and one to two years experience in your profession. The Ardmoreite is the main daily newspaper for southern Oklahoma, encompassing 16 different communities in five counties, all of which expect thorough and concise coverage of their local team. We offer a competitive compensation package, with opportunities for medical, dental, vision and retirement benefits. Send your resume, references, five clips of your most recent stories plus any examples of page layout and photography to: The Daily Ardmoreite, c/o Erik Horne, Sports Editor, P.O.Box 1328, Ardmore OK 73401. Or e-mail to erik.horne@ardmoreite.com and kim.benedict@ardmoreite.com with ‘sports writer’ in the subject line. The Daily Ardmoreite is an equal opportunity employer and supports a drug-free work environment.

Draft saved Draft deleted