1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer Texarkana, TX

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by BrianMcDowell, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

If you're thirsty in Atlanta, there's beer in Texarkana ...

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So it really is the town that dreaded sundown?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

This is why I am honest with kids when I do career days at the middle or high schools. They get all glossy-eyed that I work in the sports journalism field. I remember those days well, deciding in sixth grade that I wanted to be a Red Sox or Bruins beat writer. I get to go to games for free and talk to the players ... Oh boy.
    Now I tell them what every morally upstanding journalism professor in college should. DO NOT MAJOR IN JOURNALISM!
    If you think you want to do this for a career, take courses as electives and work on the student paper, but major in another field. You will expand your horizons and have a good backup. I am kicking myself now for not going through my teaching degree in early childhood ed. Or history.
    And if you do major in Journalism, do a double major in something else. Journalism degree by itself is the most worthless piece of paper you'll ever use. Worth much less than the piece of toilet paper last used to wipe your ass.

4. Craig Sagers Tailor

Craig Sagers Tailor Active Member

20,000 miles to an oasis...

Draft saved Draft deleted