1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer, Sullivan, Ill

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'll withhold judgment till I visit a Jimmy John, but Subways gets the job done for me.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Subway can't hold Jimmy John's jock.

For example, I've never been to an In n Out, but I'll take people's word that it's the best fast food burger on earth.

Trust me when I say that JJ's is the midwest's sub-style version of In n Out. People who know... know. And those that don't should want to.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I was in both Mattoon and Charleston in August. It's not the end of the earth, but you can see it from there.

Avoid the Sonic in Mattoon at all costs.

4. afsports2007

afsports2007 New Member

Why do you hate English as a first language, afsports?
    [/quote]

No, I just I hate UNEDUCATED english. That catch phrase is my pet peeve. "John Doe is good people." That's bad grammar.

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

No, I just I hate UNEDUCATED english. That catch phrase is my pet peeve. "John Doe is good people." That's bad grammar.
    [/quote]

I was really just chiding you, but in all seriousness, your original question makes no sense.

Oh, and Jimmy Johns is the most overrated piece of crap in history.

6. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Not as long as you're still drawing breath.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Before Moddy comes on and stops the jack...you're wrong. In-N-Out is. dd68, do NOT believe the hype.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I'm not a fan of jacking, but I've seen Sullivan. This conversation is more interesting than that town, I promise you. My guess is you'll get paid in the neighborhood of 20K to watch extremely sub-par high school athletics.

IJAG, I'll withhold judgement till I wrap my lips around said cheeseburger.

9. Editude

Editude Active Member

An ad that expressly doesn't want applicants to have news experience? Wouldn't such a background only help in dealing with some of the anticipated small-town issues?

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I DISAGREE WITH YOU IN THE MOST WHOLEHEARTED FASHION POSSIBLE.

Draft saved Draft deleted