1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer, Strasburg, Va.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Didn't bother to read it...

Probably would have been a good idea. So Craig gets to get pwned by the DN-R for yet another JMU season.

2. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Seems like they go through a lot of SEs there. What's the deal? Is it a good thing (guys advancing to bigger papers) or a bad thing?

3. ArmanTamzarian

ArmanTamzarian New Member

They have an Ithaca kid that sometimes doesn't wear pants.

4. KaraokeC

KaraokeC Member

and when he does wear pants, they're his butt-kickin pants. they call that guy the ice cream man but i forget why.

5. KaraokeC

KaraokeC Member

the daily's SEs usually take bigger, better jobs as bartenders at the hotel.

6. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Are you saying the tips would make for a better income than being SE?

7. Why anyone would take this job while there's still an opening at their rival up Interstate 81 is a mystery to me...

8. KaraokeC

KaraokeC Member

is the rival even hiring, or just letting there be a continuous opening instead?

9. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

who's the rival?

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I once was ticketed for reckless driving on I-81 (82 in a 65, anything over 80 was automatically reckless) and had to go to Woodstock for a court appearance. Missed an entire day of school to be admonished by some hick judge.

Oh, what, there's a job opening?

11. All kidding aside, you young effin' studs among us should be contemplating this opening.

It can lead to bigger and better things.

12. DrewWilson

DrewWilson Member

Indeed. It's a good place to get your feet wet. There's not much to Strasburg, but it has produced some decent sports writers (and my girlfriend :D )

Draft saved Draft deleted