1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer, Stillwater, OK

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by cowboy2001, Feb 20, 2010.

1. hackcrack

hackcrack Member

PM me for details on that one.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Norman and Stillwater will always be the junior varsity, while Oklahoma City and Tulsa dominate. Just the way it is.

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

If I.C. Murrell is Ivy Murrell, well, not a bad cat but an interesting personality type some would need adjusting to. Been around-Arkansas, Mississippi and Idaho.

4. chase.colston

chase.colston Member

Quit.

Direct quote: "It's done nothing but make me hate an industry I used to love."

5. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Chase what does that direct quote mean? Who posted it? To some of these shops that are widely criticized and apparently rightly so ... why don't you clean up your act? Don't you realize people in the industry are talking about you? Don't you care if your place is considered as being a fair place to work and "having a clue?" When is this business going to start to "get it?" Is this place a hellhole or not? If so ... why so. And why not clean it up? There are seemingly two sides to every story but ...?

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

So long as the resumes keep rolling in and people keep taking jobs there, why change?

7. chase.colston

chase.colston Member

That was told directly to me by the person who just quit this position. He also strongly voiced his opinion that one would be better off working at Chili's.

His salary was $23,000 with non-stop hours. Throw in 20 -- yes, 20 -- furlough days per year and it comes out closer to $21,000. Sounds like a lot to put up with, and a ton of work, for $10 an hour.

Draft saved Draft deleted