1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer, Stillwater, OK

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

From Journalismjobs.com

Stillwater NewsPress and 7 days a week newspaper in STILLWATER, Oklahoma Is looking for a Sports reporter

City: Stillwater, Oklahoma Salary: Consumate with Experience and Education Company: Stillwater NewsPress Description: Three-person sports staff needs third person to help cover big 12 and Oklahoma 6A high school athletics. Pagination duties and major beats are shared by all staff members. Fun and fast-paced environment. Must be extremely flexible with work schedule. Contact. P.R. Nelson Publisher at prnelson@cnhi.com Or P.R. Nelson 211 W. Ninth Ave. Stillwater, Oklahoma 74074.

2. amoney

amoney New Member

I'd applied to it moments ago and got a message back that the position has been filled, so I don't know what's going on.

3. bigtimmy

bigtimmy New Member

I applied to this same job more than a month ago and didn't get it.

Maybe the new hire up and quit abruptly?

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Sounds odd that amoney was just told that the job has been filled. It was just posted today.

5. Non-Prison Like Way

Non-Prison Like Way New Member

This whole job seems really, really fishy. I was a finalist the first time around and interviewed with the ME over the phone. I was supposed to interview with the publisher, but she was not around. Anyway, the ME e-mailed me back a week later one morning and said that for some reason the publisher decided to not to go ahead with the process and it appeared they would not hire any of the candidates they interview.

That sucked, but in this current newspaper industry it's understandable. But then that night very night this job he same exact job was posted -even same description and all - but this time you had to apply to the publisher. So I reapplied.

So this really is all kinds of messed up.

6. amoney

amoney New Member

Listing has been taken down off J-Jobs.

7. jobu

jobu Member

What is this about consummating with experience and education?

8. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

damn that was quick

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Well, experience takes education out to dinner at a nice restaurant. Afterwards...

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

... a movie?

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

ok, how fast and far do you run from a job ad where they not only use the wrong word but also spell it incorrectly? it's consummate!

12. The Granny

The Granny Guest

If you've been laid off after 15 or 20 years in the business, you probably don't run too far away.

Draft saved Draft deleted