1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Stats LLC, Northbrook, Ill.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by playthrough, Jul 15, 2008.

1. I wouldn't go that far. I was offered a job here not long ago but didn't take it. Not my cup of tea. But didn't sound too, too bad. At least not the worst job I would have had. Essentially the STATS office is staffed 24 hours a day, and you just write previews of games all shift long, taking bits, pieces and quotes from AP stories and adding a new lede and perhaps new nut graph.

It's not a challenging job, no doubt. But it's a job. And in this climate that may be enough. Plus the pay isn't horrible. Between 40-45, I believe. But driving up to the burbs could put a dent in your wallet if you want to live in the city.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Any movement on this? Bueller? Bueller?

3. Buckeye12

Buckeye12 Member

After the Olympics

4. Go State

Go State Member

Source tells me they've started calling to set up interviews for next week

5. tmurray2

tmurray2 New Member

Has anyone heard anything on this one? I was told to contact STATS this Friday if I didn't hear anything by then? Just kinda anxious

6. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

I was sent an e-mail a couple weeks ago saying that they had completed their search. But maybe that was a different e-mail list.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

YOU'RE HIRED!
    [​IMG]

8. Go State

Go State Member

This job has been filled.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just hired that guy up there. Thanks for noticing. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted