1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Stats LLC, Northbrook, Ill.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by playthrough, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Northbrook is a cool place. I lived there for a few years when I was growing up. I haven't been there for years, but it's a great town and just a short ride away from the city.

2. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

More unfortunate that his last name is Orefice.

That's because it's Becky Hammon. :)

3. Caveat emptor.

Buddy of mine used to work there. Same basic gig. It involved a lot of content creation for sites they have contracts with. Shifts vary, but there are a lot of night shifts. Some people on the staff are apparently very hard to work with, (that shouldn't be a big surprise). Some of it seems like assembly-line type work. And there's Chicago traffic to deal with depending on where you live.

Still, it is a growing company and that could be exciting depending on your situation.

4. Maybe that was the reason. Oh well, it's the fucking WNBA. The one year I covered it was pure torture.

5. Chi-Town traffic is a bitch because of the reverse commute. Going north to Northbrook is not going to be fun when you have to come in for the 6pm to 2am shift. If you want to live in the city, my advice would be to live as far north as possible and give yourself an hour and a half to get to work.

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Not to mention the fucking cheating-ass tolls :mad:

7. Could you please amplify on that?

8. Igor in CT

Igor in CT Member

Yes, speak louder please .. we cannot hear you in the back.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Mr Orifice to you.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

E-mail from Stats said they aren't going to fill this quickly. The guy doing the hiring is going to Beijing so expect no action on this until after Labor Day.

11. Joe Bloggs

Joe Bloggs Member

File this in the "Avoid at all costs unless you're EXTREMELY desperate" category.
    From what i've been told, the work is not that challenging, the pay is below average, and yes,
    some miscreants who populate the premises are downright disturbed.

12. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Details on that?

Draft saved Draft deleted