1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Statesboro Herald (Statesboro, Ga.)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Jay Sherman, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Scrubs

Scrubs Member

Who left?

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Wasn't this Pelli's gig?

3. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Believe that's the name I heard tonight, but I could be wrong.

GSU is a good football school. Routinely in the hunt for the playoffs and have won several national titles. They take it seriously down there.

Statesboro might not be the nicest city out there, but there are worse places. Plus, you're near Savannah which, in my humble opinion, is quite a nifty little town.

Plus, you'll spend your Saturdays with Don Heath and Don's fucking awesome.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

That footage brought back a lot of memories. Painful ones since I'm a Clarke Central grad.

5. BobcatESPN

BobcatESPN New Member

Anyone know if there is any desk work to the job? Also, where did the previous reporter go? Why did she leave?

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That reminds me. I'm supposed to pull for Georgia Southern now because the Hampton Inn in Statesboro had a vacancy at 3:00 a.m. on a summer Saturday. I made God that particular promise after finding out why you don't decide to make an overnight trip to Savannah on a whim.

And second the nomination of Heath as good people.

7. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

I'd have to imagine it involved desk work. It's a two, maybe three, person sports department.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Just wanted to add that Jim Healy is good people, too. That's all I got here.

9. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Heath is a good man and looks quite dapper in a coat and tie. Alex also looks nice at formal engagements.

This is an opportunity for somebody to get a good minor league experience on their way up to the bigs.

10. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Heath in a coat and tie? Sumbitch. I might need those pictures someday.

11. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

I'd be curious to know where she went. She has potential.

12. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Will back up the sentiments on Jim Healy. Good guy.
    Don Heath is the baddest mother fucker in the business. Love that guy. I would kill for Don Heath.
    However, I have never seen him in a coat and tie, and I've known him for 20 years. I don't think he even owns a tie.

Draft saved Draft deleted