1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer, Sebring, Fla.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

OH WOW! That's about as far from the beaten path as you can get! I remember we had a nature columnist from there. Weird, weird, weird woman. Once, our nature columnist wrote a column on birds and the old fogies who wrote the bird column threatened me because our nature columnist dared intrude on their precious aviary turf. Doing the outdoor page there was so bizarre. Especially since the bird folks knew how to email things, yet they sent their bird column in the form of a poorly typed page covered in white-out and on the cheapest paper money could buy. CUT AND PASTE IN THE BODY OF THE E-MAIL, DAMNIT! What good times.

And I echo Szvetitz about the early-bird specials down there. Lunch was always easy to come by and cheap. Apparently, old people are tight with money as I am. There's a steak place/tiki bar place off 27 that always grills a great steak, a great Mexican place across the street from the HT (SNAPPER DON JOSE!) and the seafood/whatever-it-is-now restaurant on Lake Jackson always had a great view.

I do miss bass fishing year-round down there. And if you like golf, there's plenty of easy courses all over town. Since old people's drives tend to go all over the place, fairways are wider than Terrance Cody's ass and greens are not Augusta National-level fast.

So it isn't all bad.

2. Prospero

Prospero Member

The retirees that live in St. Petersburg? Their parents live in Sebring.

3. Gary L

Gary L New Member

Any word on this one's status?

4. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

I'll do a second wondering whether there's any news here.

5. CA_journo

CA_journo Member

The editor said a hire has been made, but I don't know who. Obviously, not me.

6. tncup

tncup New Member

THE POSITION IN SEBRING HAS BEEN FILLED

Draft saved Draft deleted