1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer/Sebring, FL

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, May 9, 2006.

1. boots

boots New Member

Highlands Today, a 20,000 circ. daily newspaper in Sebring, Fla., has an immediate opening for a full-time sports/outdoor page editor to join our three-person sports team. We want someone who knows how to go beyond typical game coverage. We value strong writing and someone committed to community sports coverage. Candidate must be proficient with computers and able to write and edit stories on deadline as well as design and layout pages. Taking photos also is part of the job. Highlands Today provides extensive coverage of high school sports as well as junior college and local youth sports. Working odd hours is a given in this position. Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle. Highlands Today is located in south-Central Florida, which is a rapidly growing area, but still rural and affordable. We’re 90 miles south of Tampa and Orlando, and 90 minutes from either coast. Send resume and 5-10 story samples to Highlands Today 315 U.S. 27 North, Sebring, Fla., 33875, c/o Sports Editor Mark Pinson. e-mail:mpinson@highlandstoday.com. No phone calls please.

2. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

For details, PM me. I'm the one who is leaving there.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What's wrong? Didn't you know how to go beyond typical game coverage?

4. Bamadog

I found greener pastures elsewhere, that's all.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Lucky you, escaping Sebring is akin to escaping Lake Wales, oh wait, it's the same thing!

6. Bamadog

Exactly. Not too much to Sebring, or Lake Wales. Lake Wales is prettier by far, with the hills and the old homes.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

I understand the editor there is good peeps. A major bonus anywhere you go.

8. Bamadog

I beg to differ. PM me for details.

9. Bamadog

Job is filled.

10. Pocket Aces

Pocket Aces Guest

Hilarious.

Draft saved Draft deleted