1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sports writer, Sandusky, OH

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Here we go again.
    The Sandusky Register, an award-winning 24,000 circulation daily on the shores of Lake Erie, is looking for a sports reporter with a passion for producing local copy. We want someone with enthusiasm, energy, a good sense of humor and the ability to report and write a range of sports stories. The right person for the job will be a self-starter with at least one year of reporting experience and the ability to produce local copy for a variety of platforms, is creative with their writing and presentation, and committed to serving our community. We cover 18 schools and 19 sports during the year, and our programs are among the state's finest. Some page design is required, but this position will mostly require someone to dig for news. We have high expectations in our newsroom, and the right candidate will be a person who relishes a challenge, can work in a fast-paced environment, and needs little supervision and direction. A candidate with knowledge of the area or local ties is preferred, but not required. If you think you've got what it takes, we want to hear from you. A vacation paradise, Sandusky is the rollercoaster capital of the world and home to the best amusement park in the universe. The cost of living here is as good as it gets and our lakefront is less than an hour from Cleveland. Send cover letter, resume and five best clips by Dec. 11 to Sandusky Register, Anthony Moujaes, Sports Editor, 314 W. Market St., Sandusky, OH 44870 or e-mail moujaes@sanduskyregister.com.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The comedy never ends.

3. FPH

FPH New Member

I'm guessing this one comes open pretty frequently?

4. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

Any one work at this shop before?

5. gilles73

gilles73 New Member

I did, from October of last year until April. PM me if you'd like the "gory" details.

6. lmcmillan33

lmcmillan33 Member

I'm guessing Anthony Moujaes must have been promoted to fill the sports editor position, thus creating this opening. There are many details on old threads about what a mess the hiring of the sports editor was and how long it took. Maybe this won't be as bad with a sports guy in charge, but who knows.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

He's not in charge. He's just a figure head.

8. Should have known ... did my oil change this week ....

9. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

What sports editor is in charge these days?

10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

There are a few. Unfortunately, they are their own staff.

11. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Me too. For 4 1/2 years. Gilles, I feel your pain. Everyone, please avoid this place. I'm telling you, go flip burgers or something.

12. Pfoosman

Pfoosman New Member

I didn't work for the Register but I did have a chance to work alongside of guys like Butch Wagner, Dan Angelo and Ed Fox in years gone by. They were all good guys. I'm guessing those were better times.

Draft saved Draft deleted