1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Roseville, Calif.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Aug 8, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

The Roseville Press Tribune, a twice-weekly community newspaper serving south Placer County, seeks a full-time multi-talented journalist who enjoys covering local youth, prep and adult sports. Four-year journalism or related degree required, newspaper exp. preferred. Knowledge of Quark Xpress, AP style desirable. Competitive wages, benefits package. Must pass drug test. EOE. Please send resume, cover letter and clips to Attn: Human Resources. Email: michaelb@goldcountrymedia.com Fax: 530.885.0220.

2. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

How much experience is needed to write preps and community sports for a twice weekly?

3. Do you know how to spell your name? Hired.

4. Damn.

5. thebigd

thebigd Member

Not a great group financially. Roseville is near sacto and who knows you could catch the Sac Bee's attention. The Bee loves young and bright

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

From what I know from people I know from Roseville, passing a drug test could be difficult if you are a local, at least for pot anyway.

7. Editude

Editude Active Member

I think that's Eureka (or so I've heard).

Draft saved Draft deleted