1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer- Rome, GA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

From jjobs.com
    http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1604666

Position:
    Writer
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable

Description:

The Rome News-Tribune, an award-winning daily newspaper in Northwest Georgia, has an opening for a sports writer. We are looking for someone with a knack for storytelling who is comfortable covering high school, college or youth sports.

The ideal candidate will be able to shoot photos, own social media and know InDesign as well, but we’re willing to train. We also produce an Emmy-nominated high school football show. If you’ve ever wanted to see how well you can pontificate on camera, you’ll get a chance.

With high school football season almost upon us, we are looking to fill this position quickly. Please send a cover letter, resume and at least three clips to jalred@npco.com.

2. YES!

3. TGO157

TGO157 Member

From the gossip mill, they are down to skeleton form and at one point around a year ago were struggling. Hopefully they are doing better.

4. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

Rome is not a bad city at all. I've always thought the paper should be better. I, too, had heard of the struggling, even with bankruptcy mentioned.

You've got lots of high school stuff, and Braves' minor league team. Don't know who the boss is there, could make a major difference.

Draft saved Draft deleted