1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sports writer, pottsville, Pa.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Jun 13, 2006.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Are we talking low-20s? Mid-20s?

2. PSU_05

PSU_05 New Member

Probably in that range. The vibe I get is that the company puts most of their resources into their homebase in Scranton, everything else is left to fend for itself. In their chain, Pottsville is the second best paper, but again, some of the people there are hard to get along with, and it doesn't come down to attitude as someone else posted, it comes down to how the SE there treats people and for no reason he's had a tendency to treat people like dog shit and talk down to them like he is some hot shot scribe.

3. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Or perhaps it was someone who thought he/she was a hotshot rookie who thought he/she was being treated like dogshit and he/she was being talked down to.

Just sayin'.

Or maybe your screen name throws us off and you're actually a bitter old dude. Again, just sayin'.

4. pubscribe

pubscribe New Member

Hustle, you couldn't have hit the nail on the head any better.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

FWIW, I know one of the guys who just left Shamokin left on less-than-glorious terms.

6. qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop New Member

Actually, I know one of the two who left Shamokin, he's a friend of mine. But I don't think he's the one who thinks he's a hotshot because he left the field totally. If anyone wants any information about Pottsville, PM me and I'll forwarded your question to his e-mail because I know he doesn't come on here. He'd probably give you an honest opinion. Best I could help you with, don't know much about the paper.

7. PSU_05

PSU_05 New Member

Yeah I went to school with one of them and know of the other just through him. They both said they enjoyed the coaches and teams they were around and both praised the area in terms of HS sports, the football is great, etc (the bball is way better in Pottsville FWIW), but there were just too many amatuer things that went on that really soured both of them on their stay there. Neither one felt they were treated well, etc.

8. PSU_05

PSU_05 New Member

Oh and Hustle, PM me so we can talk off board.

9. Stillers1

Stillers1 New Member

I'm from Pottsville and worked with Leroy, along with some of the other guys there. The office is by Yuengling. I graduated with one of the Yuengling girls. Take the tour if you take the job.

10. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

"Hi, I'm the boss. Mr. SE, screw the Patriots coverage. I'm taking it over for you."

(If everyone remembers that infamous thread on good jobs for the young that was on here the last year or so, you'll note that it's Woonsocket that covers the Pats, even though a good DOrtiz bomb from Taunton would hit the Foxboro Stadium rubble.)

12. chazp

chazp Active Member

Long live the Maroons, un-crowned NFL champs of 1925!

Draft saved Draft deleted