1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer, Norwich, CT

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

The Norwich Bulletin is seeking a sports staffer who can do it all – paginate strong pages on Quark and pitch in with our coverage of major colleges, high schools and participatory sports. The ideal candidate will be able to take a page from start to finish, including copy editing, design and writing headlines. As a writer and reporter, be ready to get beyond the final score to tell readers about the athletes, coaches and those off the field as well. Eastern Connecticut is a hotbed of sports, including UConn, the WNBA’s Connecticut Sun, minor league baseball and more. High schools are our bread and butter. Send your cover letter, resume and work samples to Executive Editor Jim Konrad at jkonrad@norwichbulletin.com. EOE, M/F

2. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Isn't this another one that shows up somewhat regularly, drip?

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Yes, it has become a staple here and at journalismjobs.com

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

If you want to know more, shoot me a PM.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Didn't Norwich just lose its baseball team to Richmond? Not quite the hotbed of minor-league baseball it proclaims itself to be, huh?

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Yes.

7. cbo06

cbo06 New Member

Anyone know what they are paying?

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Micro, there is talk of a short-season New York-Penn team or independent league team coming in. The city couldn't negotiate with potential tenants until the Navifenders formally announced their departure, which was last month.

The stadium is in a disastrous site, though. Hard to find, in an industrial park, 10 minutes from the highway. Surprised they did as well as they did there. Taxpayers got hosed, since Norwich could have really used a downtown waterfront stadium to revitalize what is a dead city.

9. beltranpedro05

beltranpedro05 New Member

I applied for this. It's worth a shot.

10. Slugger56

Slugger56 New Member

From what I've heard, this is a new position. For once the Bulletin is adding and not replacing.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I've thought for years that was a perfect spot for an Atlantic League team. Won't draw much, but at least the stadium won't go to waste.

And yeah, what a horrible, horrible spot for a stadium in a city that certainly needs all the help it can get. Norwich always reminds me of that episode of The Simpsons where Marge gets her real estate license.

Marge: "That's dilapidated."
    Lionel Hutz (in a cheery voice): "Rustic!"

Draft saved Draft deleted