1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports "Writer" -- Newton (Iowa) Daily News,

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dkphxf, Mar 22, 2011.

1. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

Per: http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1242293

The Newton Daily News, a five-day daily newspaper located in central Iowa, is seeking a sports writer to provide outstanding sports-related content for our paper, website and niche publications.

You'll have the opportunity to do a little bit of everything here from writing and taking photos to designing and laying out pages, all while covering five area high schools and big time racing at the Iowa Speedway — the largest paved raceway in the state of Iowa. Prior experience covering sports is a plus as are knowledge of InDesign (or similar page design program) and Adobe Photoshop, but we're willing to train the right candidate. We're keenly focused on producing unique content that matters to our readers. Beyond just the standard game story we seek interesting sports-related features about people in our community.

Successful candidates will have a four-year degree in journalism or related field, an enthusiasm for all things sports and a passion for telling interesting, people-focused stories.

Benefits include health insurance, 401k, and paid vacation. Send resume, along with three or four of your best clips to NDN Editor Andy Karr, 200 First Ave. E., Newton, Iowa, 50208 or via e-mail to akarr@newtondailynews.com

2. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Wow, they finally updated their ad. The ad I replied to in the spring of 2007 was the exact same ad they ran when I left in October 2008. I believe it was the same ad they ran when my co-worker left last year.
    If anyone wants to know about the job or the town, PM me.

Draft saved Draft deleted