1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer needed in Northwest Illinois

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Focus of NW IL, Oct 12, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

McNeish is good people

2. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

I know much about things from every angle in Pretzeltown. And yes, wonderful is a bit of hyperbole. But it's probably a solid opportunity for a young'un. PM if you're interested in more in-depth analysis.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Ahem. The Fighting Pretzels.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

What sport(s) do The Fighting Pretzels play?

5. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Um, all of them? Well, I don't know if they have a pool.

6. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Oh, there's a pool. The splashing grounds of 2004 state backstroke champ and current Minnesota Golden Gopher Deidre DeWall. And there is no Fighting in Pretzels. But there are Lady Pretzels.

7. NISB35

NISB35 New Member

I wish. I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish! If I could just successfully relocate.

Good luck in your search Focus. Maybe I'll see your writer at some Highland games this season.

8. That reminds me, I was once at a paper where you weren't allowed to use Lady XXXX unless it was in the name. I guess the example they gave was the Tennessee Lady Vols. The paper said that it was sexist. Just had to share it.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

So Pretzels is the high school team name??

Wow, guess I've heard it all now, although even the Fighting Pretzels can't top the Yuma (Az.) Criminals.

10. tmurray2

tmurray2 New Member

Anyone hear anything on this one? Any movement? As a recent grad, should I even bother applying for this opening?

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Always bother. Where's the harm? Take a shot.

12. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Amen to that. Also, you are young thus cheaper than other applicants, which can help in these cost-cutting days.

Draft saved Draft deleted