1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Moulton, AL

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Pencil Dick, Apr 18, 2009.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Is Oh! Bryan's in Mount Hope still there?

2. Giftedwrita

Giftedwrita New Member

The ole Stockyard Steakhouse...Um, um, good.

To bad that place shut down and Bamadog is right in the money by saying you could pick out your steak before you ate it. Pretty unique setup I thought. For a large part of my childhood I lived in Moulton and the frequented the Stockyard on a numer of occasions. Hated to see it shut its doors.

As for Mt. Hope, the only thing there is the country store (unless its closed up shop too), the dumpy, k-12 Mt. Hope school and A WHOLE BUNCH OF NOTHING. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

But don't fret guys and gals because the staple of fine dining in Northwest Alabama-Steak and Shake-is alive and kicking and still full Bronco cigarette smoke hanging in the air. And, in an ovious tribute to not only Lawrence County but the great state of Alabama itself and all the wonderful folks inhabiting it; most (90% on a bad night) of the patrons and the wait staff have more fingers on one hand than teeth in their head.

Got to love it!
    GW

Draft saved Draft deleted