1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Minocqua, WI

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

The Lakeland Times is in search of a sports reporter. The position involves covering local community and school sports. Applicants must be be able to accurately write game stories, as well as features, and have excellent photography skills. The job includes some copy editing. There is also an opportunity to write a weekly column. We are a twice-weekly publication that has and will continue to set the standard for timely and accurate journalism in the Northwoods. If interested, send a resume and clips to Gregg Walker, Publisher, P.O. Box 790, Minocqua, WI 54548 or email editor@lakelandtimes.com.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Beautiful, beautiful area for fishing, boating, etc. Water all around you. This would be the type of job I want before retirement if I were to return to newspapers.

3. I know some pretty interesting tidbits about this job that could really help someone out. But I can't post on the wall about it. Please PM me if you have any questions.

Draft saved Draft deleted