1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Metro New York

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MetroNY, Jan 12, 2007.

1. pmartin25

pmartin25 Guest

when does Metro plan on interviewing potential candidates? What type of schedule will this position require? What does it pay?

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Already noted by MetroNY: $28K.

Which, adjusted for cost of living differences, is equal to an annual salary of $19,815.72 where I live (or less than $400 a week).

3. pmartin25

pmartin25 Guest

oh, sorry, I didn't see the salary; I'm assuming it is a night shift, however, which means you could also work a day job ...

4. MetroNY

MetroNY New Member

Just to update you guys:

Metro is happy to announce that we'll be bringing on Sean Quinn to fill the above position. Sean is a recent graduate of Syracuse University who has had experience with the Kansas City Star, the Auburn Citizen and KTCK-AM in Dallas.

We had a boatload of applicants and a deep pool of candidates, and I'd like to thank everyone who took time to send their information in.

Best,

Dave

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

sean - be sure to take plenty of those "free" papers with you to the alley you now call home. i hear they cut the wind.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Better than working in Jelenic's Jail.

7. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

Sean shouldn't worry--given the fact that Metro New York's circ is roughly a quarter-million, I can guarantee that more people will be reading his stuff than Petty's. ;)

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

let those 250,000 free papers pay his rent, hence my point.

9. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

The people who own Metro are pretty similar to Jelenic actually.

Draft saved Draft deleted