1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Marshfield (Wis.) News-Herald

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by PEteacher, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

didn't Schulte have a pro beat or something out West?

2. Igor in CT

Igor in CT Member

He's been a flameout everywhere he's been. Anyone who has hired him for any position has lived to regret it.

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

please, more details. just a bad boss or what?

4. Schulte did cover Washington or Washington St at some point. Which ever school Kelvin Sampson formerly coached at. As far as his persona is concerned, the guy has a way of saying wrong thing every time. I don't want to go into too much detail for fear of identifying myself or others, but PM me if you want details.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Yes, PM him if you want the details.

People may indeed be gigantic screwups. But we don't need character assassination (with names associated) on the board.

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Lets just say there is a reason that paper is a revolving door. Overall, it just isn't a good situation.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You guys are f-ed in the head. Marshfield had one of the greatest reporters I've ever come across.

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

You'll have to forgive Bubbler. He had a massive crush on her.

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Doesn't the father of Green Bay Packers tackle Mark Tauscher work there as a reporter?

The younger Tauscher grew up in Auburndale, which is a stone's throw from Marshfield...

10. CRM

CRM Member

Tauscher's dad was let go about four years ago. There are going to be about 2-to-5 openings at the central Wisconsin Gannett group because it has been a colossal mess since it started in '02. Feel bad for the ones still there working for the infamous SE. Stay away unless you are desperate for a gig.

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Huh. Interesting. I used to see him at Packers games in the pressbox. I wonder if he's still working. If not, I guess he's got more time to watch his son play now.

12. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Denny Tauscher was doing a weekly radio show on the Packers for a local station in 2004, but not sure if he's doing those any longer either.

Draft saved Draft deleted