1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sports writer -- Marshalltown, Iowa

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ogre, Dec 15, 2007.

1. ogre

ogre Member

journalismjobs.com....

Times-Republican Newspaper
    Position:
    Sports Reporter Wanted
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires:
    January 18, 2008
    Job ID: 818405

Description:
    Sports Reporter Wanted

This central Iowa daily newspaper is looking for a fulltime sports reporter who can write stories, shoot pictures and do some page layout. Prior experience on another newspaper or college publication a plus but we are willing to train the right person. The successful applicant will receive a competitive salary and excellent company benefits, including a 401k. This position is available immediately. Please email cover letter, resume and clips to trpub@timesrepublican.com or by regular mail to the Times-Republican, Atten: Mike Schlesinger, Publisher, PO Box 1300, Marshalltown, Iowa 50158.

---

It's always nice when they want the writer to "shoot pictures."

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

It's always nice when someone's so awesome they obviously didn't start at the low end. I shot photos, did layout, wrote stories, worked split shifts at a PM paper, etc. for my first job.

It's not that unusual for an entry-level position.

3. ogre

ogre Member

Ive had my share of jobs like this. I just thought is was funny phrasing mainly.

Draft saved Draft deleted