1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Leader-Telegram, Eau Claire, Wis.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by John Casper Jr., Mar 27, 2012.

1. John Casper Jr.

John Casper Jr. New Member

Here's the post from JournalismJobs.com. If anyone wants any information, PM or email me. I'm leaving the Leader-Telegram after nearly five years as sports editor. Joe Ziemer will be replacing me as the editor, so this is an entry level type position.

There will be layout involved but plenty of opportunities to write. The staff is as dedicated as you will find anywhere.

--------------------------

Company: Leader-Telegram
    Position:
    Join Our Sports Team
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires:
    May 1, 2012
    Job ID: 1338713

Description:

The Leader-Telegram in Eau Claire, a mid-sized a.m. daily in west-central Wisconsin, seeks a full-time, entry-level reporter/copy editor/page designer for its Sports Department. Main job duties will include the production of a three- to 12-page section several nights a week and game coverage and feature writing. Our four-person staff dedicates its coverage to 11 high school conferences, two NCAA Division III universities and a Northwoods League baseball team in the summer. The qualified applicant will have a college degree in a related field and writing, reporting and layout experience. Knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop is a plus, but a good eye for design and the ability to write on deadline is a must. Candidate also should be comfortable shooting photos and video and augmenting reporting through use of Facebook, Twitter and live blogs. Car required for traveling with a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record according to Eau Claire Press Co. policy. Please send a cover letter, resume, layout samples, game stories and features by April 11 to Editor Don Huebscher, P.O. Box 570, Eau Claire, WI, 54702. No phone calls.

2. GidalKaiser

GidalKaiser Member

Said it before, I'll say it again. Good luck in La Crosse, John.

3. DMelt19

DMelt19 New Member

Sent you a PM, John.

Draft saved Draft deleted