1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, LaGrange (Ga.) Daily News.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by wickedwritah, Nov 28, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

A link to the last thread on this, which got locked for a number of reasons: http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/46621/.

From jjobs.com:
    Company: LaGrange Daily News
    Position:
    Sports Writer
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: $20,000 to $25,000
    Ad Expires:
    January 2, 2008
    Job ID: 159368

Description:
    LaGrange Daily News, a community-focused General Excellence award-winning 7-day paper, 11k, seeks talented writer with passion for prep sports for two-person sports department. Write gamers, features, columns; opportunities to build layout, design and pagination skills, working with talented sports editor. LaGrange is a great sports town with tons of tradition, powerhouse teams and super facilities. Local college plays Div 3 sports, including football. Competitive salary and benefits. LaGrange is a progressive city of 30,000 located an hour south of Atlanta on beautiful West Point Lake. Send resume and clips to editor@lagrangenews.com

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

OK, so, did the position get filled, and if so, what happened to the new person?

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

He left after a whopping two months.

4. Gob Bluth

Gob Bluth Member

It doesn't really need to be repeated, but Kevin is one of the best to work for. He gives plenty of time out and you don't have to stay in the office for long. If you need any details, just let me know.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I notice that The Eck is not listed as the contact person this time around. Wonder if his past follies here have anything to do with it ...

6. novelist_wannabe

your powers of observation are astounding ...

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

You apparently didn't get the reference to the first thread.

8. novelist_wannabe

I got it. I was just curious what actually happened

9. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

Competitive salary = $20,000 — hmm, can I get a competitive job at Mickey D's as an assistant manager, too?

10. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Sadly, that is competitive these days for an 11k. Plus, many places outside of Atlanta in Georgia aren't too hard on the pocketbook. When I was considering jobs after college, I asked my parents about non-metro Georgia (we lived in LaGrange and Peachtree City when I was young). They said living was pretty cheap. My aunt and uncle just moved from north Georgia five years ago, and they said the same.

11. TheEck

TheEck New Member

Not sure who Wicked is or why he's so interested in me, but perhaps you could expand on "past follies." Anyone with any questions about the job, please let me know.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Do you need to be reminded of how bad you looked on the last thread? (Admittedly, some of the piling-on was unwarranted.)

You looked bad. And your baiting me here looks worse. I never would work for someone who thinks his snark about former employees translates well to this board.

Draft saved Draft deleted