1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Kellogg, ID

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

North Idaho mountain daily seeks entry-level sports and general assignment reporter/ photographer. Five-day daily, two-person newsroom. Excellent opportunities for advancement in national newspaper chain. Full-time benefitted position. Successful candidate will cover all aspects of small-market news with sports emphasis in a fast- paced multi-tasking environment Unequalled outdoor recreation opportunities include free downhill skiing. Position opens late July/ early August. Resume and clips to Dan Drewry, publisher, Shoshone News-Press, 401 Main St. Kellogg, ID., 83837, or email DDrewry@Hagadone.com.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Beautiful area, a bit remote. Not a bad place to spend a year or so if one is starting out.

3. Ben.Breiner

Ben.Breiner Member

two-person newsroom? Wow

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

It's not a very big town. Crime is non-existant. Prostitution is way down since they closed the mine. Might have an occasional school board meeting to cover.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

No whores, No application!!!!

6. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

It's also home of the world's largest Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer. Not bad for a town of 2,400 people.

7. How does Kellogg have its own paper?

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Looks like this job is open again. I'll post the J-jobs link, but basically, wording of the ad is the same as it was four months ago:

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1112234

PM me if you want more details about this job.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

You'll get a whole $10 an hour.

Draft saved Draft deleted