1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer, Junction City, KS

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Oct 8, 2008.

1. I Digress

I Digress Guest

i covered something at KSU and because my then-editor at my ex-paper waited so long to decide if i was going, i had to get a room in Junction City instead of Manhattan. I liked Manhattan. I did not like Junction City...not much there there.

2. billikens

billikens Member

That's a disservice to Great Bend.

I've lived in Great Bend, spent plenty of time Junction City.

Junction City suuuucks.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I don't know, I don't really consider Junction City to be Eastern Kansas. But it's not that great a town.

4. Thing is, though, Kansas isn't that expensive to live in. You can probably live there on $20K. Obviously, those with a wife or family need not apply. But it wouldn't be that bad for someone fresh out of school.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

for the love of piss. are you really going to sit here and try to defend $9.62 an hour?

6. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

I was so hoping this was for Junction City, Ore., when I saw the beginning of the thread title on the homepage. Probably would be the same pay, too.

[/threadjack]

7. Are you really going to sit here and get that worked up about it?

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I've been there. Manhattan and Ft. Riley, too. And even if town is shitty, that doesn't explain your comment about wives -- including mine.

What you said was despicable, offensive and hurtful. Absolutely inexcusable.

9. God.

This paper is a rag. Seriously, just awful.

Except, you know, Junction is about on par with Manhattan as far as I'm concerned. Neither place is really that great, and Manhattan carries this certain attitude -- like it's the best place on Earth because it has a college, a place with six or seven bars for the college kids to choose from and a mall.

Either way, you're still two fucking hours from an Olive Garden.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

but still way closer to a gates than i am.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That's a blessing in most people's book.

Draft saved Draft deleted