1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer, Joplin Globe

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Lance Ogden, Aug 11, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Way to respond to those other specifics.

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

sounds that way to me

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

That's why he are an editor.

4. Lance Ogden

Lance Ogden New Member

Dyepack, thank you. For the sake of supporting what one on-line poster has to say, please call our human resources department and ask for personel files that date back years before I ever set foot in Joplin four months ago. Then, please come back and give a report.

I'm beginning to find less and less a reason to defend myself for simply advertising a position. It was a nice four months in Joplin until I advertised a job here. Thanks, doubt I'll ever be back.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

So can I send my resume directly to you?

6. I can't speak for the situation in Joplin, but I've worked for Lance in the past and have nothing but positive things to say about him. He truly cares about the quality of the product he puts out everyday. It may ruffle some feathers that he's trying to raise the bar, but I would assume that's why they brought him to Joplin in the first place. PM me if you have any questions. It's too bad a guy from the Podunk Press is trying give this job a bad name.
    KC

7. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

come on man! you're in sports journalism. You should be a little bit thicker skinned than that.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I haven't heard anything bad about Ogden, either. If he's that big of a nightmare, I think I would've heard.

9. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

Basically, I'm wondering how much this job could possibly pay, being a 30,000 daily says potentially 30s, but since we're talking about CNHI I doubt it's more than 23k.

10. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

Pretty sure it's going to be more than 23k, but not my too much

11. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

Looks like all interested need to apply elsewhere. Position has been filled.

12. Anyone know who got it?

Draft saved Draft deleted