1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer, Idaho Falls, ID

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by YerkillinmePetey, Jul 12, 2006.

1. TRS-80

TRS-80 New Member

Maestro, there is no way you were loathed quite as much as former and current crook Brian McNeely, the ex-ISU football coach.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm not Marquis Poole. ;D

3. YerkillinmePetey

YerkillinmePetey New Member

What about Jermaine Horn?

4. mose

mose Member

I'm thinking you're Dubby Holt. Interesting that your career path led to journalism after you turned 100.

5. YerkillinmePetey

6. TheGriff

TheGriff Member

Hi guys, I'm not sure about the etiquette of this, but I am considering accepting this job. Before I do I want to find out as much as possible about the area, newspaper, work and anything else. It would probably make the most sense for you to PM me, but any information would be helpful.

I'm a recent graduate from a big school in the South. This would be my first job, and I'm excited about getting started. At the same time, I don't want to get started in the wrong place for me.

Don't be shy.

Thanks,

griff

7. This will end badly...

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Take it and don't complain, rookie. :D

9. TheGriff

TheGriff Member

I'm definitely not complaining, just trying to figure out as much about the job as I can. The editors encouraged me to get as much feedback as possible, so I thought this would be one place to look.

I wasn't trying to offend anyone. Sorry if I did.

10. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

Sure, no problem.

I read on a forum on a popular sports journalists Web site that some guy was offered the job, but was still considering whether to take it based on the reaction he got from those members.

Based on what I know about that guy, I'd avoid that place if at all possible. ::)

11. anonymousbob

anonymousbob New Member

If this is your first real gig, you'd be an idiot not to accept. This industry as a whole is an exercise in working for small-minded, washed-out car salesmen, troglodytes, derelicts and miscreants. That is 'til you find somewhere decent, which are few and far between.

12. YerkillinmePetey

Trying to figure out which category I'd fall into.. I have a big ol' cranium, so strictly geographically speaking, small-minded doesn't fit. It's unusual to be washed out at 26, so no on that one.. Car salesmen lie about the fact that they lie, whereas I'm pretty straight-forward about that, so that won't work.. You can't be something you have no idea what it is, so troglodyte doesn't work.. have to be one of those last two. Those sound about right. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted