1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Hinesville, Ga.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Jun 13, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

The Coastal Courier, a tri-weekly newspaper in Liberty County, Ga., has an immediate opening for a sports and outdoors writer. The Courier covers high school athletics and a variety of other sports.
    Job duties include writing compelling sports stories, photography and page design. Knowledge of Quark Xpress, Indesign and Adobe Photoshop preferred, but not required. This is an entry-level position with an opportunity for advancement. Interested candidates should send resumes and clips to: Editor Sonya Campbell-Kurth, P.O. Box 498, Hinesville, GA. 31309 or email editor@coastalcourier.com

2. chazp

chazp Active Member

I've never heard of Liberty County. How far is it from Atlanta.

3. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

About 3 1/2 hours. If you haul some a$$.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Hinesville is south of Savannah, right? It's where Ft. Stewart is, which is a ghost town right now.

5. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Not quite a ghost town. All but a brigade (about 2,800 out of approx. 20,000 troops) has left and most of the families have stayed.
    You're less than an hour from Sav'h, 45 minutes from Statesboro, 45 minutes from St. Simons (!), hour and change from Hilton Head.
    I think it'll be predominantly preps (duh!), but you might be able to sneak away on a Saturday for Ga. Southern or maybe even Tech or UGa, if you're up for the drive.
    I don't know anything about the environment there (at the paper itself). But hey, from the looks of it, you're close to a lot of stuff.

6. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

why the hell would you have to know InDesign -AND- Quark? What kind of paper are they laying out???

7. Hometown of Hines Ward, who also plays at Heinz Field.

8. boots

boots New Member

That's not true.

9. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

What he said.

Actually, it's where this guy's from:

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted