1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sports writer, Hendersonville, N.C.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

About Us The Times-News and Blueridgenow.com, a New York Times-owned media company in Hendersonville, N.C., is seeking a high school sports reporter. We’re a print/online newsroom that produces a 14,000-circulation daily newspaper and website that averages 2 million monthly page views. Both products have been repeatedly honored for our enterprise reporting, our online innovation and our design. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a vibrant, multimedia work environment that rewards strong journalism.

Qualifications Our reporting positions call for strong daily coverage of beats with opportunities for projects, enterprise and features. Two years experience at a daily paper is preferred, but we’ll consider talented beginners. We cover seven high schools, and we are under daily, strict deadlines. No phone calls please.

Other Information Hendersonville is located in Western North Carolina, just 30 minutes from Asheville, N.C., and about two hours from Charlotte.

Equal Employment Opportunity The Times-News encourages applications from those with diverse backgrounds. The Times-News is a DRUGFREE environment.

Cutoff date: This position needs to be filled immediately. The cutoff date for applications is July 29. E-mail resumes, cover letters and links to previous work to dean.hensley@blueridgenow.com.

2. JJHHI

JJHHI Member

A lot of good things happening here. This paper just moved into a brand-new building, if I'm not mistaken, and former Spartanburg (S.C.) Herald-Journal sports editor Burke Noel is the ME there.

Just a so-so town, in my opinion, but it's in the middle of an absolutely beautiful area. Brevard is a fantastic town a few miles down the road one way, and Asheville is my favorite place east of the Mississippi.

If you're into outdoors activities -- hiking, fishing, hunting, kayaking -- you could do a lot worse than this.

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Burke Noel is the ME in Hendersonville. Dean Hensley, the SE, is good people. If I was 20 years younger, I'd jump on this.

Draft saved Draft deleted