1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer, Harrisonburg, VA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Harry Doyle

Harry Doyle Member

Word is this one was filled too. I'd be curious to know who they took. I know some very talented people who got rejected.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

They have a Facebook page for the sports department and they posted the new writer there - Selig is the last name, I think? No relation to Bud. I may also have the name wrong. I'll try to look it up. I'm a "fan" of the page.

3. Moderator1

Found it:

Daily News-Record Sports Department Mark Selig, the newest member of the staff -- his primary beat is JMU men's basketball. Beyond that, it's a total hodgepodge. He's a native of suburban Boston and a 2009 grad of the University of Maryland's journalism school.

4. llcharlie

llcharlie Member

Bud's kid.

5. Moderator1

Seriously? I was being a wise guy with my crack earlier - you know that for certain?

6. lmcmillan33

lmcmillan33 Member

A quick search finds that Bud Selig has no sons nor grandsons, only daughters and granddaughters.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

8. nate41

nate41 Member

I obviously didn't get this, but I did get an email from Chris letting me know my status.

I thought it was a nice move and much appreciated, since most of the stuff I send out gets nothing back in terms of a reply.

9. JJHHI

JJHHI Member

Outing alert: Nate41 is NOT Mark Selig.

Draft saved Draft deleted