1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Greenwood, S.C.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ScottJBryan, Nov 27, 2017.

1. ScottJBryan

ScottJBryan Member

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Seeking a talented sports writer

I'm the former associate editor and sports editor; although I've been gone five years now. Good people. Good area. Good place to launch a career. I was just up there last summer for the annual BBQ festival, and it remains a city on the rise.

If you've got questions, I can try to answer them.

2. Julian McWilliams

Julian McWilliams New Member

I'm the one leaving the position for another job covering the Oakland A's. The Index-Journal is a great place to be. You'll be working with honest, hardworking and loyal individuals, something that is very hard to come across in a work space. You would be covering everything from Lander University athletics to high school sports and some USC and Clemson stuff when appropriate. Greenwood is a great small town and that's coming from a kid from New York City. People love their sports -- especially Friday Night Lights. Plus, if you love smoked BBQ it has a ton of it!

If you have any questions regarding the position please feel free to reach out to me via e-mail jmcwilliams@indexjournal.com or my personal e-mail julian.mcwilliams105@gmail.com.

Best,

Julian McWilliams

3. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

Isn't there minor-league hockey in this town?

4. Julian McWilliams

@flexmaster33 in Greenville, which is about an hour and five mins away.

5. TGO157

TGO157 Active Member

Do they have curly fries?

6. ScottJBryan

ScottJBryan Member

Yes, at the Arby's. During the BBQ festival, you can get loaded fries, which are covered with BBQ and absolutely delicious.

7. ScottJBryan

ScottJBryan Member

Also, kudos to Julian for the work he's done and the job he landed. I still have plenty of friends in Greenwood, and they all speak highly of him.

MiamiBoy likes this.
  8. MiamiBoy

MiamiBoy Active Member

Well, I'm sold.

9. Julian McWilliams

I appreciate that, Scott. The Index-Journal has been great to me and I learned a great deal.

ScottJBryan likes this.
  10. mn67

mn67 New Member

applied!

Draft saved Draft deleted