1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer - Garden City, Kan.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by kingcreole, Aug 2, 2006.

1. bigblueman

bigblueman Member

I worked in the Garden City area shortly after graduating from college in the 1980s, and one thing I'll never forget is the sunsets. They were absolutely stunning, probably because there is absolutely nothing to block the view as you look out west. It doesn't get dark in the summetime until close to 10 p.m. because it is very close to the eastern edge of the Mountain Time Zone.

Also, Garden City at one time had the world's largest public swimming pool. It's got a great golf course. The people I met were friendly and I had a good time living there.

Make sure you have a good vehicle because you will be driving a lot covering their high school.

2. beardown

beardown Member

I must jump in late with belated praise for the publisher as well. She's a former sports editor and a cool one at that. The company is small, but decent. This is a good place to start for a recent grad.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Anyone hear anything about this position? I'm curious to see who they fetch.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

ha, shit man, that one never gets old.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I think they hired a SW from Wichita State. Doug Hanna, or something like that?

Draft saved Draft deleted