1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Garden City (Kan.) Telegram

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by big green wahoo, May 19, 2008.

1. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Why is th"at"?

Sorry.

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I thank you for the advice. As an entry-level journalist, I figure I'd have to learn the basics of the professional business sooner or later. :)

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Get a buffalo burger at Herb's.

The Telegram's location might also have something going for it: Most of the regional papers have cut back their coverage. If folks in Garden City want local news, the Telegram is their best option.

The peaking or decline of the English-reading population of the city might be a problem, but I thought that the Telegram was trying some Spanish products to counteract that.

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

They have La Semana, which they give away for free.

That's another part of the equation. Half the population speaks English as a second language. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just that they don't buy the paper. So you have a city of 25-30,000 that could easily be in the 12-15g circulation market, but last I heard, it was well below 10g.

5. spud

spud Member

They are moving on this position.

Draft saved Draft deleted