1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Fort Wayne IN

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by vols1998, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Start sanitizing your Twitter feed, except the ones with your opinion, as they're your own and not your employer's, and retweets, because they aren't endorsements.

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Not to mention why would you want to drive to Louisville to connect to Indy. I mean, think about it. You drive right down I-69 and there's this really big city in the center of the state... ;)

3. STLwriter

STLwriter Member

Anything new on this one?

4. haddixjl

haddixjl New Member

Last I heard they are still going through applications. They moved their ND beat guy to cover IU and PU sports along with his ND stuff. He is a busy man.

5. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

So I assume they're wanting to fill this position quickly.

6. STLwriter

STLwriter Member

Anyone who applied heard anything yet? Last I heard they were still going through applications. Just wondered if anyone's heard anything more recent.

7. STLwriter

STLwriter Member

Still waiting on this one. Can anyone provide any sort of an update? Seems like they're in a bit of a lull.

8. STLwriter

STLwriter Member

I guess they aren't hiring here anymore? I was told three weeks ago that they were still going through apps. Anyone have an update?

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

You're hired! (j/k)

You know how some of these things go. They may get held up by internal stuff (budget, etc.) or maybe not filled at all. I've seen places hire within a few days and others that drag on for months. Best I can say is.... don't give up hope, don't hold your breath. But, no, have not heard anything. Sorry.

10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Is this Tony Krausz? Real good guy.

11. LesJ9488

LesJ9488 Member

I don't know Tony, but have been stalking his work while plodding through the application process. I'm sure he has been ridiculously busy, but great work.

12. bsu2010

bsu2010 New Member

Heard they began conducting phone interviews last week, but couldn't tell you if they have contacted everyone or not. I'd have thought they wanted someone in place for the NCAA tournament, but that doesn't seem possible if someone needs to put in a 2-weeks notice.

Draft saved Draft deleted