1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer, Fort Walton Beach, FL

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Hambone

Hambone Member

Job still open?

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Give em a call!

3. Crash Davis 19

Crash Davis 19 New Member

KySportsWriter, I hope you check your facts in your stories better than on this message board... Pruiett is the new SE. Absolutely, no doubt about it.

4. goneup

goneup Member

Forget the Flora-Bama, you're about an hour away from Opp! And you can learn a shitload from a recently retired legendary sportswriter who will tell you anything and everything.

5. Crash Davis 19

KY- nothing's wrong with that... as long as it's okay to base stories and info on assumptions rather than facts.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I know you're "new" here but Jelly doesn't base shit off of assumptions. If he said it happened it happened. He's got tons of credibility on this site so for you to even say that is assinine to the nth degree.

7. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

Except you're missing the part where KY admits what he said was based off an assumption. He did not know for sure that the person in question had left the paper for an SID job, only that the person asked his former boss for a letter of recommendation.

Hence, this answer...

... was based off this assumption:

Hope that dude's boss knew that he was looking at an SID job before taking over the department. Either way, he does now.

8. Writer33

Writer33 Member

I used to work with Adam and spoke to him a day or so after this thread began. The job description sounded a lot like his beat. I can understand how Ky might have thought it was him. The former sports editor (can't remember his name) moved on to the paper in Mobile after about six months on the job. Adam is a good guy and will do a great job.

9. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

The departing SE is Jared Macarin, and he did get the Mobile gig. A well-deserved move.

Unless Adam keeps it for himself, the position probably includes coverage of Northwest Florida State (formerly Okaloosa-Walton) juco basketball, which means whoever gets this gig wiil have the task of dealing with Bruce Stewart--not always an easy proposition.

10. Crash Davis 19

Sure, I'm "new" here. But I also happen to make sure what I put in print or try pass off as fact in a message board is indeed... well, fact. Putting assumptions up on places such as this can get people in trouble or fired. Hope KY and Adam weren't very good friends, because now the cat's out the bag and Adam may have to take some unfriendly fire from the bossman. And that will happen in reality, not in KY's imagination.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Look, Crash, I posted what I knew had gone down before. I saw the opening and thought he had gotten out of the business like he had been planning on.

And when someone said it sounded like it was someone he knew who held that position, I didn't realize Adam hadn't gone anywhere.

And for the record, I've only talked to him via email since going to his wedding.

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Give em a call.

Draft saved Draft deleted