1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer, Fort Collins, Colorado

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Gesundheit, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Gesundheit

Gesundheit Member

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=878798

Company: Fort Collins Coloradoan
    Position:
    Talented sports writer sought
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires:
    March 5, 2008
    Job ID: 878798

Description:
    The Fort Collins Coloradoan, a daily community newspaper in the heart of Northern Colorado, seeks a full-time sports reporter to cover Colorado State University teams and some high schools. The successful candidate should have 2-3 years reporting experience and be able to write for online first and update for the newspaper. We're looking for a high-energy reporter to bring new life into CSU volleyball and women's basketball beats as well as sharing high school coverage through blogs, multi-media presentations, video and writing. The person we select also will help on the sports/univeral copy desk at times and should be proficient in Quark or other page-building systems. Hours are days and nights and some weekends. Fort Collins is a city of about 130,000 residents an hour north of Denver. Salary commiserate with experience. Contact sports editor Sean Duff by e-mail at seanduff@coloradoan.com or by calling (970) 224-7750.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Isn't "high-energy" newspaper speak for "young and cheap"

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Gannett paper. Home of New Belgium Brewery (Fat Tire!). Area is growing by leaps and bounds and the city is cool (I get up there often because I have family there).

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Doesn't the whole town smell like shit? I've only been there once, but it was brutal...

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm so there. I'll work for Fat Tire!

6. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

When the wind blows from the east, yes it does. There's a meat-packing plant in Greeley.

7. Love_Sports

Love_Sports Member

greeley smells. fort collins does not.

nice town, one of the best in the country. the paper? you certainly can't say the same thing about it. and you never hear anything good about the sports editor.

the paper's most veteran sports reporter left after 30 years. heard he was just sick of it. paper has had some cuts and not filled many openings lately.

8. MileHigh

It's definitely Greeley that smells. FTC does not.

9. Fort Collins is a great town -- great place to live and raise a family.
    The paper...well, it blows.

10. kingkroz1017

kingkroz1017 New Member

I was just there last year for a tournament at Moby Arena. I love this town. I am so applying for this job...

11. MileHigh

Cost of living isn't too bad up there, either. Like I said, it's growing like crazy.

12. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

FC is a weird town, and contrary to others here, isn't that great. However, it's a decent college town. If you're young, this is a good spot. Also, as others said, I've never heard anything positive about the paper.

Draft saved Draft deleted