1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer/designer, The News-Enterprise: Elizabethtown, Ky.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by RyanOGara, Sep 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'll never understand the "why do you care" posts.

Why do you care about why I care? I'm curious about all manner of things.

Did I apply? No. I'm not qualified. I certainly don't know programs like InDesign or PhotoShop.

I'm also not interested in moving to Podunk or in taking the pay cut.

-- KYSportsWriter likes this

Yes, KY? Something to say?

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Really? You're questioning his like? That's pretty weak. Grow some skin.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

LOL. It's just so passive aggressive, and so typically @KYSportsWriter.

It doesn't bother me. I just think if KY has something to say, he should say it, and not hide behind your post.

Besides, who would know more about the situation than KY. Maybe he could illuminate us all on the hiring process.

4. alexshoemaker

alexshoemaker New Member

I got to be honest, guys, this thread is really creepy and weird haha. I'm the guy that took the position. If you're so interested in my reasons for accepting the position, my qualifications or just want to ask a random question, email me at ashoemaker@thenewsenterprise.com.

5. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with your hiring, Alex. You're more than qualified, based on your work history and your writing (so far).

Although not directly directed at you (this is in regard to YankeeFan) the last four full-time sports writers hired by The News-Enterprise were all from out of state. Before that, there was a long run of in-state hires (including myself).

As far as the $10 per hour (I know you didn't mention it, Alex; another poster did), that wage will go a lot more in "podunk" Kentucky than in most any metro (and believe it or not, Elizabethtown IS a metro area).

I don't blame you for being interested in the job or taking it.

I wish you well. Hope you enjoy your time here.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I don't have to explain anything to you or to anyone else, Coffee Boy, so why don't you back the hell off? Your borderline stalkerish behavior was amusing, but now it's creepy. Leave me alone.

I didn't apply for the job, and I've got my reasons -- and they're none of your damn business.

SnarkShark likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

Settle down.

No one is picking on you.

I can understand you not applying for the job. When you didn't get it the last two times, and didn't even get an interview, it was a clear indication you were never going to get it.

I've been there. It's why I left my job at the airline. I was basically told I would never get my boss' job.

Don't play the victim KY. You can achieve what you want. Let your disappointment fuel your desire. Prove your doubters wrong.

The best revenge is living well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.