1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer/designer | The Daily Citizen News (Dalton, GA)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MiamiBoy, Jul 25, 2019.

1. MiamiBoy

MiamiBoy Active Member

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Sports writer

The Daily Citizen-News, a daily newspaper in Dalton, Georgia, has an opening for a sports writer/designer. We focus on local sports in our two-county area, which includes eight high schools and Dalton State College. Along with strong writing skills, you should show initiative and creativity. The ability to use social media to enhance our coverage is also important, as is shooting and editing short videos from games and interviews. Located in northwest Georgia, metro Dalton encompasses the city of Dalton and the counties of Whitfield and Murray, with a population of more than 130,000. The area offers great public schools, a range of outdoor activities, excellent health care, a diverse manufacturing-based economy and is home to Dalton State College. We offer a competitive salary and a full benefits package. Send a cover letter, résumé and writing/pagination samples (three to five each) to managing editor Jamie Jones at jamiejones@dailycitizen.news. No phone calls please.

2. cbh07

cbh07 New Member

This is a good spot. I worked here for 2 1/2 years out of college before leaving the industry to start a business with my brother. If it hadnt been for the opportunity to move home and work with family in our own business I’d probably still be there.

I didn’t work with the current SE, but have heard great things and Jamie the managing editor is great and is a sports fan himself. The sports are solid. Especially boys soccer. I covered multiple state champion teams, several individual state champions and an NAIA men’s basketball national championship in 2 1/2 years.

Living in Dalton is super cheap. And you’re fairly close to Chattanooga and metro Atlanta. The staff at the paper is great. For a rising star looking to grow or someone looking for a nice spot to settle in, you can’t go wrong!

3. TGO157

TGO157 Active Member

Don't wear flip flops or naked-toe shoes at The Oyster Pub.

Draft saved Draft deleted