1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Chippewa Herald, Chippewa Falls, Wis.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by cmlifer, Jul 19, 2010.

1. cmlifer

cmlifer New Member

We're looking for a sports writer. It's an entry-level position. Here's the text of what's posted on Lee Enterprises corporate website, www.lee.net. I don't know what the pay rate is or would be. Be sure to go through the website above or within the ad.

Any questions on specific work that would be done can be sent to me. I'm the sports ed in this two-man (including me) dept.

Description:

WANTED: Sportswriter for award-winning western Wisconsin daily newspaper and website. This is an entry level position.

Requirements include a journalism degree or work equivalent. The successful candidate will have writing, computer, photography and multimedia skills, solid news judgment and social skills, and the ability to work under deadline and be very productive. High school sports is the main focus, but not exclusively.

Chippewa Valley Newspapers offers a great benefit package to its employees, including medical, dental and vision plans, flex spending and health savings accounts, life insurance and more.

Apply online at www.chippewavalleynewspapers.com

Application Deadline: July 31, 2010

2. OrangeGrad

OrangeGrad Member

It's a pretty little town with great beer. That's all I've got.

Draft saved Draft deleted