1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer - Cartersville, Ga.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boundforboston, Feb 10, 2017.

1. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

The Cartersville Daily Tribune News is seeking to add a dedicated reporter to cover local sports in Bartow County and produce a relevant, must-read sports section six days a week.

Bartow County, located within the northwest edge of the Atlanta metropolitan area, is the home to five competitive high school sports programs, including state championship contenders in baseball and football, as well as highly recruited athletes. Among the locations in the coverage area is LakePoint Sporting Community and Town Center, one of the premier sports destinations in the South featuring elite athletic facilities for multiple sports.

As part of a two-person department, we also spotlight the broader community and a range of sporting activities. Our stories look at, not only who won, but why for an extremely passionate fan base.

Interested candidates should email their resumes and writing samples to jason.greenberg@daily-tribune.com.

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Top Notch Sports Writer

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Home of Butch Walker.

3. Dailyconvo

Dailyconvo New Member

Have some insight here, having recently spent a good bit of time in the town. Anyone with questions can shout my way.

4. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Had my car's AC blow up on 75 near there a few years ago ... had some shop there give me a quote that was almost $200 more than what I wound up paying to get it fixed back in Hackyville.

Know nothing about the shop, but they do love some high school football in Cartersville.

5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Gotta love those Purple Hurricanes. Much like the Red Elephants over in Gainesville.

But nothing will ever beat (stoop as low as?) the Bulldoggs (yes, two Gs) of Winder-Barrow.

6. TGO157

TGO157 Active Member

Good boys sports in Cartersville. Consistent state contender in bball, football, and baseball and usually dominates the NW Georgia area.

7. cbh07

cbh07 New Member

Anybody heard anything on this?

8. Leah Vann

Leah Vann New Member

No :(

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Cartersville is not metro and has a lake. In DFW terms, it's the Pilot Point of Atlanta.

10. Leah Vann

Leah Vann New Member

I'm willing to start anywhere. Just need a job doing what I love.

Suggswriter likes this.
  11. CaymanGuy

CaymanGuy Member

Two good sentences for your cover letter

12. jsimp

jsimp Member

Any news on this one?

Draft saved Draft deleted