1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Bristol Herald Courier (Va.)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Jay Sherman, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Judge Smails

Judge Smails New Member

I imagine it's like working in Las Cruces and living in El Paso. Texas has no income tax. You pay some to NM but not nearly as much were you living in NM and working in NM.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

When I worked in Florida and lived in Alabama, the boys in Montgomery made sure they got their full cut. Can't imagine it being much different in this situation.

I have never seen a Bristol paper because for some bizzare reason you can't get one in Johnson City or Elizabethton, where my dad's family lives. Instead you get the Johnson City Press, which hasn't evolved since the Carter administration.

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

It's not. You get a decent refund, but they take the full allotment out up front.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

It would be a lot better than when I lived in North Carolina, worked in Virginia and paid income tax in both states.

Draft saved Draft deleted