1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Bozeman, MT

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I said about five posts ago that "most" wasn't accurate.

Keep up, bud.

2. jps

jps Active Member

it's "y'all," tb ... :)

I haven't heard any grapevine news here, but would certainly advise anyone at all interested to at least check it out. decent college sports, solid 2a high school sports across the state (and some great stories at some of the class b and c schools, too) and, yes, rodeo. outdoors opportunities aplenty. just make sure you can afford to live there on the paycheck you'd be getting. if you can, snap it up.

3. reporter1

reporter1 Member

Don't worry about Tom Petty, seems his ability to start fights in what is supposed to be a professional area makes him seem as if he has finally grown a pair!

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yes, the giant douche reporter1 is back. Yay!

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

If you want to buy a house, you'd probably best have a spouse who makes good money. If you just want to rent and you're single, you should be fine as far as being able to live on the paycheck, least if I remember things correctly.

It's a good little paper. It was well on its way to being better than the Missoulian when I was in Montana. I imagine it's better now.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

he's pilot's wingman while covering rodeo.

7. reporter1

reporter1 Member

Angola, I'm glad you can spell those big words cowgirl!

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

have a job yet or are you still unemployed?

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I talked to the SE last week. Being a man down, they were sort of swamped until the end of prep/MSU basketball season.

Doing some preliminary interviews now and hope to at least be close to a decision by early next month. So, if you're interested, it would probably be a good idea to write/email ASAP.

10. reporter1

reporter1 Member

I'm still unemployed, you know how bad the job market is nowadays how about you? :)

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

well, good luck.

12. reporter1

reporter1 Member

thanks, man I knew you had some niceness in your bones. I wish we could all be friends.

Draft saved Draft deleted