1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Bozeman, MT

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I did big features on a couple bareback riders and a couple bull riders. Guy that didn't drive around with a horse or a bull in the back of their pick up.

Of the seven events in the NFR, three use stock provided by the rodeo. Steer wrestling, team roping, tie-down roping and barrel racing. I don't know what the shit steer roping is. I guess my imaginary rodeos, and, oddly, the NFR, didn't have it. Please, enlighten us, though.

"Most", in terms of how many events require competitors bring horses, was an exaggeration, but only barely.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steer_roping

yeah, i fucking bow to your knowledge of rodeo.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you did a couple of features and now you're a cowboy. nice to know.

and really, you want to talk a little rodeo, i'm your guy.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I never said I was a cowboy. Never said the features I did were the extent of my rodeo coverage and/or experience. I covered about 20 rodeos. Saw a lot of clowns. Don't know why this bothers you so much.

And you totally forgot to mention the calf and ram scrambles. Two other events with rodeo-supplied stock. You should be ashamed. I mean, if we're including non-NFR events...

Seriously man, you're throwing a fit over what here?

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You appearing to be ignorant and saying that cowboys/girls didn't need their own stock.

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Nearly half don't.

7. jps

jps Active Member

so, um, how close is this gig to tahoe?

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the event takes place at prca rodeos. the more you post, the more you appear to be a fool. maybe you should stop.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and when did nearly half become most?

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

15 minutes, of course.

Unless there's some discussion of the opening, I suggest you all saddle up and ride off into the sunset.

11. housejd

housejd Member

Everything else aside, has anyone heard anything about this gig at all? Who is leaving, if it's been filled yet, etc.?

I'm curious for a bit more info on it, if anyone has any insight.

12. VB3man

VB3man New Member

They were trying to fill it with a goat from up near Great Falls, but apparently they were supplied with a ram from right outside Bozeman. Crazy stuff

Draft saved Draft deleted