1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Bloomington (Ind.) Herald-Times

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Pat Beane, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Pat Beane

Pat Beane New Member

The Herald-Times is seeking a full-time, multi-platform sports writer to cover high school sports. Main duties will be football and basketball, as well as coverage of minor sports, taking calls in the office and some layout and web publishing. Ability to work in social media (twitter, blogs) is a must, and a familiarity with InCopy and InDesign is preferred. Must have valid drivers license and reliable transportation. EOE. Send cover letter, resume and three writing samples to ksutton@heraldt.com. I've posted this down below, but in case folks aren't going through the thread, we are no longer taking resumes.

2. swamp trash

swamp trash Guest

Oh, man, this could be a sweet gig.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Bloomington always gets the seal of approval in this corner. Great place to live and work.

4. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Does Bob Knight have any connection whatsoever to Bloomington h.s. sports?

5. writingump

writingump Member

I know it has Bubbler's seal of approval, but does it have the coveted Moddy Seal?

6. Pat Beane

Pat Beane New Member

We need to get moving on this fairly quickly. And because we've gotten a decent amount so far, we're going to accept resumes only through midnight Thursday. And, yeah, Bloomington is a great place to live.

Thanks,

Pat

7. beckham76

beckham76 New Member

Is the same position that was just filled last summer? Or somewhat related? Someone make a quick stop-and-go?

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Lynn Houser, a long-time member of their staff, retired.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Ryan Kartje, he of the sad and outdated fauxhawk, left for Fox Sports Wiscaaaaansin after a year. Jeremy Price moves up to his spot, leaving preps open.

http://blogs.heraldtimesonline.com/iusp/?p=18649

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Ditto. Great place for a young writer, in and out of the office.

11. Big_Worm

Big_Worm New Member

Anybody hear anything on this one yet? I wonder where they are in the process.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I did just hear that they weren't hiring people who think these processes take six days.

Draft saved Draft deleted