1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer, Beaumont, Tx

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Jul 12, 2010.

1. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Word is, the SE position is filled. Anybody know the details?

2. JonStyf

JonStyf Member

Just wanted to update everyone. I will be starting as sports editor in Beaumont on Sept. 15. One writing position (the one from this ad) has been filled by Jared Ainsworth, who started last Monday. He's a Beaumont resident and a longtime stringer for the Enterprise. We are still looking to fill a second writing position. If you have interest, send me your information to jonstyf@gmail.com ASAP. Thanks.

3. LemMan

LemMan Member

Know nothing about the paper, but I do know Jon Styf is a good guy and a talented journalist.

4. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

Filled

5. JonStyf

JonStyf Member

We have hired Gina Mizell to fill our second open sports reporter position. Gina was most recently an associate reporter at MLB.com covering the San Diego Padres. She graduated from Arizona State in May.

6. Jeff Wendt

Jeff Wendt New Member

I have had the privilege of working with Gina as a freelancer at the Arizona Republic and I will say that Beaumont is getting a great writer in Gina. She will be an excellent addition to the staff there.

Draft saved Draft deleted