1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Auburn, NY

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by JKelly12, Mar 1, 2012.

1. JKelly12

JKelly12 Member

From J-Jobs:

Company: The Citizen-Cayuga Media Company
    Position: Sports Reporter
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires: April 5, 2012
    Job ID: 1326744

Description: The Citizen is searching for a sports reporter who has a passion for journalism and athletics. This person will join our award-winning sports department to cover the sports scene in Cayuga County, located in the heart of the beautiful Finger Lakes region. Our mission is to tell sports stories of all types, from coverage of local high schools, the Auburn Doubledays minor league baseball team and Syracuse University athletics, to features about recreational athletes and events in our communities. We're seeking someone with a bachelor's degree and experience at either a college newspaper or at a newspaper internship.

The Citizen offers competitive benefits including but not limited to: Medical Insurance, 401(k) Program, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Dental Insurance and Paid Vacation. The Citizen is the region's dominant news, information and advertising provider and is a division of Lee Enterprises (NYSE: LEE). Our company is successful, growing and made up of high expectation people who are passionate about the communications business. Please find us on the web at www.auburnpub.com or www.lee.net.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

We've had jobs posted in the last year for Auburn, Ala.; Auburn, Calif.; and, now, Auburn, N.Y. Just an observation.

I hear this one is actually about 20-25 minutes from Tahoe.

3. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Can't say I speak too highly of Lee Enterprises, but this specific paper has a lot of good people there.

As start-up gigs go, this is a pretty good one.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm familiar with someone from this area who is "saucy."

5. WilmerValderrama

WilmerValderrama New Member

I love how this job posting doesn't even tell you where you can go to apply for the job.

6. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Lee Enterprises apps go through their site.

7. bbb1978

bbb1978 Member

Re: 12,000-circulation - Sports writer, Auburn, NY

I read on Lee's site somewhere where The Citizen's circulation is about 12,000. Just for those who don't know. But they do claim to cover Syracuse here and there, so that's good. Although most of their recent articles on the Orangemen are from the AP.

Draft saved Draft deleted