1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer/assistant sports editor - Hanover, Pa.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by TopNotch1127, Nov 24, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Thing about the basketball -- and yeah, I liked being able to drive there each day and sleep in my own bed -- but I really like Giant Center. Always have. Some people think it's kind of antiseptic. I think it's homey and clean. And their "restaurant" on the one side has really good food. That's not even open to the public for Bears' games, only season ticket holders.

The BJC is cool; I like it as an arena, too. But it just doesn't feel the same.

2. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

Agreed.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Plus, if the Trinity - Sto-Rox brawl had broken out last year, there would have been no barrier preventing about 400 crazies from running right over my back on press row. ;)

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

That was a classic, especially with those Trinity thugs.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Oh God, that Sto-Rox team optimized the term thug. Huger and Geiger were the very definition of thugs.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Trinity, which should be playing AAA competition ...

[/playingbitteranticatholicschoolfan]

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

That may be the case, but take it from someone who played against those Sto-Rox teams. The reaction to them getting in a brawl was, "Can't believe it took them this long."

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

"Murder, murder.....kill, kill......murder, murder....."

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I like the Giant Center, but I hate the smell of Hershey. I enjoy Hershey chocolate, but an entire town overwhelming with the stench of it isn't for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted